AFK (Canadian Exam) 66
September 14, 2019 at 11:28 am #96434
Each of the following osseous defects would be classified as infrabony Except ??
A. A trough
B. A dehiscence
C. A hemiseptum
D. An interdental crater
BSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:29 am #96435
1. Which fluoride is used nightly for gold and porcelain crowns– 1.1% NaF
2. Which LA has the longest half life– Bupivacaine
3. A lesion presented with radiolucency having multiple flecks inside—Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor
4. Traumatic bone cyst presents with– scalloping of margins or something like that but “scalloped” is the key word
5. A middle aged woman with iron deficiency anemia presented with sensitivity and recession in one of the lower incisors and wanted to get it treated
6. Reason of Sensitivity- Options were:
a. iron deficiency anemia
b. Aggressive tooth brushing( I marked this)
7. Rubella is caused by which of the following
9. Acquired(I marked this)
11. Why composite is not suitable for posterior restoration?
12. Fluoride supplements should be started at which age—6 months
13. Which clinical sign might be associated with an acute apical abscess (acute periradicular abscess)?
14. Which drug administered to antagonize respiratory depressive action of meperidine
15. Which of the following seen on occlusal trauma except?
16. What kind of swelling crusts on manipulation
17. Which of the following seen in Combination syndrome except—I put papillary hyperplasia
18. Most dental problems seen in case of—Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
19. Which cells greatest in amount in normal GCF– Neutrophils
20. C/D patient with retruded tongue, which problems would arise— I put loss of retention in lower denture
21. Lichenoid reactions happen due to- I put reaction to metallic oxides something
22. Texture difference in individual hair(something like that) due to disease in which gland? I put adrenal
23. Parathyroid gland
25. Sweat gland
27. Which of the following is contraindication to implants?
28. Codeine acts on which receptors
29. Few questions on ethics
30. Lot of Qs on endo lesions
31. Serial extractions are planned in which phase of dentition- I put transitional
32. Pain on left side of face on change in head position-
33. Which of the following is the route of bacteremia except? Options were blood circulation, Root canal
34. Which of the drugs will least likely to cause dry mouth– pilocarpine
35. Management of ANUG
36. Extra pyrimadal syndrome are caused by? Options were barbiturates, benzodiazepines, phenothiazines
37. Antidote for benzodiazepine- Flumazenil
38. Nausea due to receptors in—Chemoreceptor trigger zone
39. Patient vomited in waiting area, what will you do for nausea? Options were raise feet of patient, give nausea med, check blood glucose
40. Plaster index used for—Preserve facebow
41. Pterygomandibular raphe is formed by which muscles
42. During IAN block which muscle is penetrated
43. Which of the following muscles elevate mandible except?
44. Non working interference is due to which cusps– LUBL
45. Which muscle is affected by lateral movements of jaw
46. Which muscle affects movement on lingual side of mandibular CD
47. Adult presented with crossbite, how do you treat it?
48. A teenage boy with Upper CI erupted palatally, when will you treat the crossbite? I put treat it as soon as possible
49. Question about property of absorbing water or something like that- options were thixotropic rheotropic etc
50. Disadvantage of dual cure resin cement for porcelain veneer
51. Advantage of direct composite veneer over porcelain veneer
52. How do we resect root in amputation of root of Maxillary 1st molar
53. Eagle syndrome radiograph
54. Oral hairy leukoplakia associated with which virus—EBV
55. Blindness associated with which of the following? Options were Epidermolysis bullosa, MMP, lichen planus, pemphigus
56. Treatment of recurrent sublingual gland cyst
57. Sialoliths occur most commonly in which duct—Wharton
58. What to do if you fracture alveolar bone during extraction? Options were raise flap and put plates, remove loose bone fragments etc
59. Where is implant placed to adjacent tooth gingival margin—I put 2-3 mm apical to adjacent CEJ
60. RCT is contraindicated in which condition? I put vertical root fracture
61. Penicillin and tetracycline are not given together because?
62. Which antibiotic has anti collagen activity—I put Doxycycline
63. Best site to place implant—Anterior mandible
64. Best site for osseointegration—I again put anterior mandible because one of my seniors told me that for boards exam, always put D1 and anterior mandible, I don’t know how that works
65. Most commonly missing tooth among the following
66. Which of the following associated with diastema except?
67. 6 mm oroantral communication, how to treat?
68. U and V shaped palate- what problem can arise with V shaped palate?
69. Characteristics of a major connector—I put Support and stability
70. Turner teeth associated with- Options were infection or trauma, trauma during delivery, congenital syphilis
71. Pt with nitroglycerin transdermal pt and takes nitroglycerine orally 2-3 times daily- what ASA classification?
72. Child has nausea and headache after dental trauma- what should you do?
73. Possibility of Head injury and immediate medical evaluation necessary
74. Nausea and headache is common after trauma and should be ignored
75. Which injection technique to anesthetize pulp of Max PM? Options were supra periosteal, sub periosteal etc
76. Question which had answer of Rubber dam holes placed too close
77. Which impression material for papillary hyperplastic mass on palate
78. How to decrease mesio distal dimension of crown- options were moving facial line angles etc
79. Which condition best responds to periodontal tx? Edema
80. Which is the most difficult to kill with sterilization—Bacillus something
81. Time between bleach and porcelain crown- 1 week
82. Successful dental practice is measured by- Options were lot of patients, Skills of dentist and staff, communication skills
83. Most commonly associated with drugs in elderly- more misuse of drug than use
84. How to fix cheek bite in CD? Something like horizontal overlap I assume?
85. Child with bleeding gums who doesn’t eat properly – Options were normal process, primary herpetic gingivitis
86. What is the crown root ratio?
87. File separated beyond the apex, what to do
88. Apex locator helps in which of the following except- Options were dilaceration of root, angulation of root
89. Elastic bands put on which surface of upper lower molar to treat crossbite
90. The reason for reducing a supra erupted 1st upper molar in RPD is to?
91. Vertical releasing incision is not placed in which of the locations
92. Question on layers of affected and infected dentin
93. Ferrule affect will increase which one of the following- options were retain core, esthetics etc
94. Drug A more potent than drug B, that means drug A will: (I had this Q twice in exam)- I put something like drug A will produce maximum effect at lower dose
95. Skull radiograph of multiple myeloma
96. Sulfonylureas contraindicated with which drug
97. A 12 year old child with class III skeletal pattern, which one of the following values will decrease with time, options were ANB, SNA, SNB, Y-axis
98. Epinephrine produces its effect by acting on which receptors- a1
99. Picture of White lesion on lateral border of tongue—Papilloma
100. Demineralization of enamel starts at which Ph-5.5
101. Picture of melanin pigmentation in patient, what is it?
102. Picture of Blue lesions on lower surface of tongue- I marked varices
103. When should the frenectomy be done?
104. Which one of the following will not be cause by glucocorticoids—hypoglycemia
105. Which of the following represents a dental program in which eligible patients receive services at specified facilities from a limited number of dentists? An open-panel, A closed-panel, A capitation group
106. Oral mucosal pigmentation will be seen with which of the following—Addison’s disease
107. A kid developed syncope after administration of LA
108. Which one of the following drugs deal with transportation of minerals/ions except
109. pKa of a local anesthesia which of the following characteristic- options were onset, solubility, protein binding
110. Which one of the following anti cancer drug is antagonist of folate synthesis- Methotrexate
111. Lots of Qs on bundling, upcoding etc
1. A 13 year old child with mamleons on upper lower incisors, they asked if he had any disorder or it was a normal process
2. A teenager with asthma on albuterol, aspirin makes him wheeze
a. Which one of the following is albuterol least likely to cause- Increased salivation
b. Which pain medication is suitable for him
3. A hypertensive, diabetic, depressive smoker with kidney disease taking medications presented for fillings, which one of the following medications will cause xerostomia- options were in pairs
i. Which drug is safe for him- options were aspirin, lidocaine, erythromycin
4. A lady presented with pain in teeth and wants all teeth extracted
a. -Veracity principle lets you extract all teeth- true or false
b. -Which ethical principle neglected if you don’t extract all teeth
5. An old lady OPG
round R/L in middle of right ramus- (It was below mandibular 2nd PM so I marked mandicular foramen but it was from an RQ which said fracture)
picture of kennedy class III modification I
What do the condyles indicate (I could not see it properly again and I marked osteoarthritis but it was fracture)
6. A patient with fixed bridge from 6 to 8, restoration on 9 dislodged
i. Which restoration was lost (crown or veneer)
ii. Why fixed bridge is not esthetics- options were too much value, width of bridge on #8
7. OPG of radiopaque line crossing root of lower left 2nd Molar
Radiopacity behind ramus of mandible
8. Periapical radiograph of upper centrals with a shadow above them—shadow of nose or upper lip
9. A boy with ADHD taking amphetamine
10. 16 years male with generalized spacing- ceph provided
Had to identify his skeletal profile
Treatment option for missing teeth (FPD/RPD)
Treatment sequence of TxSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:31 am #96436
Face division vertically and horizontally?
Horizontal 5. Vertical 3September 14, 2019 at 11:31 am #96437
Provisional FPD vs final FPD main difference ?
cSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:32 am #96438
HIPPO, PICO , 1977 Child Act
questions on unbundling
other exact questions of patient management from el maestro
Questions like if a study is cross sectional or longitudinal
Drug aDVERSE REACTIONS – Inform ADA/ OSHA
fOR Opath- Xray of bone lesions
Fibrous dysplasia related questions
Which drug causes gingival enlargement
Picture of pyogenic granuloma. Identify the lesion
Pharma: They give you a list of drugs and ask you to identify them
many questions on side effects of opioids
antagonist of BZD
questions on pka and ph
LA dose calculation in children
Questions on modified ridge lap
porcelain thickness in all ceramic crown
pictures showing class 3 mod 1
extent of lower denture
scaling and root planning strokes
questions on neutrophil related disease
which forced used for extracting upper premolar
they give you n X-ray and ask if you need sinus lift surgery or not
Xray of pericoronitis
management of dry socket
broken file case
questions on bleachingSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:34 am #96439
Pt. has angina and is a diabetic , what NOT to do pre OP if pt. Needs multiple extractions ?
Pre -op sedation
Pre -op NG
cSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:36 am #96440
Where is hirschfield canal present in bone ?
Lingual plateSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:37 am #96441
2 years old child not cooperative what is the best approach
2. Tell the parent to hold
1September 14, 2019 at 11:37 am #96442
Child become uncooperative and you use voice control it is everything except:
– tell child his behavior is unacceptable
– controlling voice tone
– gaining child attention
– mild form of punishment
dSeptember 14, 2019 at 11:39 am #96443
Which has the greatest margin of safety for a pt with renal disease?
ASeptember 14, 2019 at 11:40 am #96444
If dentist is using different codes to break down a treatment that composed of a universal fare, what is this? Unbundling
12. What codes regulate Dentist personal impairment? 1Non- manficiency 2.veracity
13. how to tell if patients need to go to psych? 1- pt tries to control treatment, 2- unrelenting anxiety
15. What sinus can’t you see in cepha?
16. Antagonist-high affinity, no Intrinsic ( 2 Q)
21. Patient is on penicillin, what prophylaxis you give? 1. Amoxicillin 2g 2. Clindamycin 600mg
31. Ian iaa lingual n position
32. Mesial of Ian block: pierce what muscle?September 14, 2019 at 11:41 am #96445
With development of gingivitis the sulcus become predominantly populated by
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.