Quick Review of Dentistry (NBDE:USA, Canada; DHA exam, NEET Dental Exam) 37
August 14, 2019 at 12:46 pm #96359
934. Intraligamentary anesthesia:
Cease after 30 min.
935. Improper flossing:
Laceration interdental papilla.
936. Proximal caries
937. Most of periodontist problems in which tooth?
938. Irreversible pulpitis:
Respond to the heat test.
940. Broken isthmus in child:
941. Length of files:
942. Extract two first primary molars:
943. used under the amalgam to avoid discoloration:
944. Chromic catgut suture absorption:
945. What is the first thing to use to remove Gutta percha from canal for retreatment?
a. cotton pliers
b. pesso reamer ☆☆☆☆☆
c. new h file
Gates Glidden. Pesso. Solvent. New h file.
946. How long tooth erupt?
a. Lifelong ☆☆☆☆☆
b. 21 yrs.
c. 28 yr.
d. 12 yr.August 14, 2019 at 12:46 pm #96360
924. Post and core purpose:
a. Build core
b. Support to less tooth structure
c. A & B ☆☆☆☆☆
925. Epithelial cells:
a. rest of malassez decrease with age ☆☆☆☆☆
b. malassez increase with age
c. Hertwig sheath entirely disappear after Dentinogenesis
d. epithelial remnants could proliferate to periapical Granuloma
926. Radiopaque lesion
a. Odontoma ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Radicular cyst
927. Cantilever gives in
a. Max central
b. Max lateral ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Max canine
In filling canal, spreader should be 1-2mm short from working length.
929. First option of antibiotic in dental infection:
930. What is sensory for Orofacial?
931. Contraindication with renal:
932. Water irrigation device:
a. Dilute bacterial product
b. Remove plaque ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Prevent plaque formation
933. Why do we clean instruments before sterilization?
a. Less time sterilization
b. Preserve instrument integrity ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Kill portion proteins
d. Kill sporesAugust 14, 2019 at 12:49 pm #96361
916. Population affected by cholera in the past, three towns were contacted to take participation in a
study and samples were taken to evaluate cholera carriers and the towns participated to the tests
so the tests were evaluated for cholera carriers and compared. What is the type of the study?
a. Cross sectional study
b. Concurrent cohort study
c. Non concurrent cohort ☆☆☆☆☆
917. Least affect wound healing?
a. malnutrition ☆☆☆☆☆
c. long term used of corticosteroids
d. use of antibiotics
918. Pulp polyp associated with
a. reversible p
b. irreversible p ☆☆☆☆☆
c. necrotic p
d. non vital
919. Tracing of GP used for:
a. Origin of periapical pathosis.
b. Acute periapical periodontitis.
c. Periodontal abscess.
d. None. ☆☆☆☆☆
Used to trace the sinus tract.
920. Enamel can withstand the forces:
a. enamel tufts
b. E lamella
c. g .enamel ☆☆☆☆☆
921. Buccal branch of trigeminal is:
a. Sensory. ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Sensory and motor.
922. Buccal branch of facial is:
b. Motor ☆☆☆☆☆
923. Advantage of recent techniques for detection of caries:
a. Detect incipient caries ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Differentiate between enamel caries and dentin caries.August 14, 2019 at 12:49 pm #96362
908. PT complain from facial esthetic problem which is protrusion of the face on checkup there is
increase over jet but class 1 incisors. Diagnosis:
a. Bimaxillary protrusion ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Mandibular protrusion
c. Maxillary protrusion
d. Mandibular retrusion
909. Doing water flush running for 3 min to get rid of which bacteria
910. Kennedy classification 2 with the last tooth as abutment 2nd premolar but with undercut in mid
facial surface. Which is the clasp of choice?
b. RPA ☆☆☆☆☆
c. ring clasp
d. reverse clasp
911. Most tooth come with c curved root:
a. Max 1st molar
b. Max 2nd molar
c. Mand 1st molar
d. Mand 2nd molar ☆☆☆☆☆
912. If doing rct for mandibular incisor and you missed the canal, what canal would u miss?
a. Lingual ☆☆☆☆☆
913. Access cavity for mandibular second molar:
a. Triangle with the base located mesial ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Triangle with the base located buccal
c. Oval with base located mesial
d. Oval with base located buccal
914. Mother called you to inform that her child drank 50mg of fluoride dose, what is the management:
a. Refer to emergency hospital
b. Do nothing it will go by itself
c. Give any source of calcium and take to hospital ☆☆☆☆☆
915. What is the cross section of peso reamers?
a. Triangle ☆☆☆☆☆
d. RectangularAugust 14, 2019 at 12:50 pm #96363
900. Intraosseus cyst appears:
a. Multi radiolucent may expand to cortical bone
b. Multi radiolucent may with resorption of cortical bone ☆☆☆☆☆
901. The patient with a history of sub-acute bacterial endocarditis is a medical problem in oral
surgery because of the possibility of:
c. mitral stenosis
d. auricular fibrillation
1. A, B, D
2. A, B, C ☆☆☆☆☆
902. Posterior proximal caries
903. Anterior proximal caries
904. Reliable test of perforation?
a. EAL” Electronic apex locators”
c. Paper points
d. apex locator
905. Modification of complete denture by reinforcing acrylic resin by butadiene styrene rubber allows
the patient to handle the denture more safely. What do you call this type of dentures?
a. high strength complete denture
b. high impact complete denture ☆☆☆☆☆
c. immediate denture
d. transitional denture
906. PT complain from facial esthetic problem which is protrusion of the face, on checkup there is
increase over jet but class 1 incisors. Diagnosis:
a. Maxillary protrusion
b. Mandibular protrusion
c. Maxillary protrusion ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Mandibular retrusion.
907. Yellowish discoloration of tooth after rct due to:
a. Hemorrhage from pulp
b. Incomplete debridement of pulp tissue
c. Leaving Gutta percha in pulp chamber ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Hemorrhage from the canal+ leaving Gutta perchaAugust 14, 2019 at 12:51 pm #96364
892. 5ys child, water 0.3-0.6, taking 0.5 fluoride what type of fluorosis he has?
a. Questionable ☆☆☆☆☆
893. Treatment of systemic fungal infection best drug or – Pt. on long term antibiotics came with
c. Amphotericin B ☆☆☆☆☆
Fluconazole topical … Amphotericin systemic.
894. Mechanism of saliva for prevention.
b. cleaning bacteria
c. Both + read about role of saliva ☆☆☆☆☆
895. The important color factor which help in selecting the shade of tooth
a. Hue ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Chrome >> it’s for saturation
In general, when using shade guides to select a shade, it is recommended that hue selection
be made first,
897. Oral Manifestations of HIV in a child
a. Par Otitis
b. Kaposi sarcoma
c. Herpes Gingivostomatitis
d. Candidiasis ☆☆☆☆☆
898. Pits and fissure are least effective with primary molars:
a. True ☆☆☆☆☆
899. Patient unhappy with the esthetic of an anterior metal ceramic crown complaining that it, look
too opaque in the incisal third, the reason:
a. Using the incorrect opaque porcelain shade
b. Inadequate vacuum during porcelain firing
c. Not making the metal well enough with the opaque
d. The tooth was prepared in a single facial plan ☆☆☆☆☆August 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm #96365
884. You want to make impression to patient and try to control fluid but bleeding doesn’t stop and
provisional restoration to be made, what to do?
a. Epinephrine retraction code ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Wait for some days
c. Take impression with sodium chloride and polyether
885. Bur contra indicated in deep soft caries:
a. round with high speed
b. round with low speed
c. fissure bur with high speed ☆☆☆☆☆
886. Pit and fissure materials:
a. Flowable composite
d. all ☆☆☆☆☆
887. Material for Chair Side relining of denture?
a. Soft liner
b. Light cure acrylic resin ☆☆☆☆☆
888. pt. with INR 2.8 and want to do surgical extraction:
a. Proceed with vitamin k IV
b. Proceed only ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Stop for 3 days and replace by aspirin
889. Vertical ramus fracture best x-ray view
b. Oblique ☆☆☆☆☆
890. Metastatic calcifications are seen in:
c. Vit D deficiency
d. All the above ☆☆☆☆☆
891. Patient 5 years with fluoridated water .8 and take fluoride supplement 0.5:
b. Mild ☆☆☆☆☆
d. SevereAugust 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm #96366
876. Clinically a bone grafting procedure is most likely to be successful in
a. One-walled defects
b. Two-walled defects
c. Three-walled defects ☆☆☆☆☆
877. 34 years old patient red glossy gingiva, loss of stripping, bleeding during brushing, during
examination you found red swollen areas, pocket depth 4-6 ml. no attachment loss.
b. Acute gingivitis
c. Chronic gingivitis
d. Drug induced gingivitis ☆☆☆☆☆
Or swollen loss of stippling. 6mm pocket depth. No attachment loss.
Drug caused gingivitis
878. Which local sign of acute inflammation is caused by the dilation of capillaries?
a. Redness ☆☆☆☆☆
879. Case about perforation while finding canals, what to do?
a. Put MTA then continue searching the canals ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Find the canals then put MTA.
c. Complete obturation then treat the perforation.
880. Common cause of trismus:
b. Trauma to muscles and veins ☆☆☆☆☆
881. Factor that will affect prognosis or success of disease outcome:
d. Risk factor ☆☆☆☆☆
882. The preparation for a “full gold crown” involves circumferential and occlusal reduction of
a. 0.5 and 1.0 mm ☆☆☆☆☆
b. 3.0 and 3.5 mm
c. 4.0 and 4.5mm
883. Child has fallen on his face, most properly the fracture occurred in which part of mandible:
Mandibular fractures in children most commonly occur in condylar region.August 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm #96367
868. X-ray showing impacted maxillary both canines and asking in words about the radiolucency
around crown area of these impacted teeth “couldn’t see the radiolucency in x-ray given”.
869. After you inject L.A for 2nd. Max. Molar, pt. becomes colorless with external swelling It’s due to:
a. Facial artery.
b. Plexus vein. ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Posterior alveolar nerve.
870. Difference between private and community dental clinic:
b. Pt. assessment.
c. Expected outcome ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Evaluation of services
871. What is the best description of successful application of oral hygiene measures?
a. decrease probing depth
b. decrease plaque score
c. decrease bleeding on probing ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Less number of carious teeth.
872. Which cement bonds purely chemically with the tooth
a. zinc phosphate
b. Zinc polycarboxylate ☆☆☆☆☆
873. Complete denture restore how much of masticatory efficiency of natural dentition:
c. 45% ☆☆☆☆☆
874. The use of low speed hand piece in removal of soft caries in children is better than high speed
a. Less vibration.
b. Less pulp exposure. ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Better than high speed.
875. Indirect retainer mostly needed in
b. Class 1 ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Class 3
d. Class 3 with modification 1August 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm #96368
860. The mandibular posterior teeth that has no contact with any tooth during balancing occlusion
a. First bicuspid
b. second bicuspid
c. second molar ☆☆☆☆☆
861. Important part of the distal extension RPD that maintains the stability:
a. Retentive arm.
b. Reciprocal arm. ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Occlusal rest.
d. Denture base
862. The matrix band should be above the adjacent tooth occlusal surface by:
a. 0.5 – 1 mm ☆☆☆☆☆ “sub-gingival”
b. 1 – 2 mm.
c. 2.5 – 3.5 mm.
d. Below to it
863. Permanent teeth sequence of eruption in maxillary arch
b. 6-1-2-4-5-3-7 ☆☆☆☆☆
864. Compomer composition:
a. Polyacid – modified composite contains poly acid
b. modified monomers and fluoride-releasing silicate glasses ☆☆☆☆☆
865. Panorama x-ray showing radio opaque mass in submandibular gland. Diagnosis?
866. The cause of dry mouth in adult patients is:
b. Anti-histaminic. ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Birth control pills.
867. Patient comes to your clinic with complete denture for routine visit, no complaining during
speech or swallowing or opening the mouth just glossitis, angular chelitis and discomfort
increasing while day:
a. Vitamin B deficiency\ Vitamin B2 deficiency\Riboflavin deficiency. ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Scleroderma.August 14, 2019 at 12:56 pm #96369
853. Management of tuberosity fracture during extraction of maxillary molar is:
a. Replace and suture.
b. Remove and suture with primary heal.
c. Replace and suture intra alveolar by wire ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Remove and leave to heal
854. Pt. with dog bite in the face he is stabilized and tetanus shot given, what will the maxillofacial
a. Irrigate with Hydrogen peroxide ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Lacerate the wound so it would heal primary healing
c. Place iodine inside
d. Suture in layers
855. the most common type of biopsy in oral cavity:
a. Incisional biopsy
b. Excisional biopsy ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Punch biopsy
d. Aspiration through needle
856. What is the check of Osteoradionecrosis?
a. supportive osteomyelitis
b. minimal blood supply ☆☆☆☆☆
c. similar focal osteomyelitis
857. Gunshot in mandible, what is the fixation technique?
a. Christian ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Keans and I forget the rest
c. Krischner the type of wire
858. Occlusal rest function:
a. To resist lateral chewing movement.
b. To resist vertical forces ☆☆☆☆☆
859. Tooth no 26 had RCT since two years upon x-ray you found a radiolucency with bone resorption
along one of the roots:
a. CaOH 2
b. resection of the whole root
c. redo RCT ☆☆☆☆☆
d. periodontal curettageAugust 14, 2019 at 12:56 pm #96370
847. Patient comes with sinus, you make tracing and take radiograph. The GP appears in lateral
surface of the root:
a. horizontal fracture
b. periodontal abscess
d. Lateral accessory canal ☆☆☆☆☆
If the GP appear lateral to the tooth that mean there is an accessory canal didn’t close when
the tooth root canal treatment.
On the other hand, the sinus tract doesn’t appear with peri lesion but always the Perio lesion
associate with pocket.
848. The distal end of the denture must:
a. cover the tuberosity
b. extend into the Hamular notches
c. It should end 1-2 mm posterior to the vibrating line
849. RPD that totally supported by teeth:
a. Class I
b. Class II
c. Class III ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Class IV
850. Best disinfectant of Gutta percha chair side:
a. 70% alcohol ☆☆☆☆☆
b. 90% alcohol
c. 80% alcohol
d. 100% alcohol
851. Female patient presented after insertion of complete denture complaining of ulcers what is the
a. Over extended.
b. Over post dammed. ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Under extended.
d. Under post dammed.
852. Patient came with trauma of tooth with pulp exposure, while clinical cold test there was a sharp
pain which disappear shortly, non-lingering pain too, cold with small pulp exposure, the tooth is
tenderness on percussion “ or sensitive to touch”. The diagnosis is:
a. Asymptomatic irreversible pulpitis with symptomatic apical periodontitis
b. Asymptomatic reversible pulpitis with symptomatic apical periodontitis
c. Symptomatic irreversible pulpitis with symptomatic apical periodontitis
d. Symptomatic reversible pulpitis with symptomatic apical periodontitis ☆☆☆☆☆August 14, 2019 at 12:57 pm #96371
840. Contraindication of epinephrine to pt. have?
d. Hyperthyroidism ☆☆☆☆☆
لحساب عدد الامبولات
بدون مقبض نضرب ب 4.4 وعند الأطفال تحت 10 سنوات
مع المقبض عند البالغين والأطفال فوق 10 سنوات نضرب ب 7
بيطلع معنا رقم نقسمو ع 36 بيطلع عدد الامبولات (في حال كان الحجم 8.1مل والتركيز2(%
لو طلب الحجم الكلي=عدد الامبولات×حجم الامبولة الواحدة
842. Calculates the number of ampoules:
Without a VC by 4.4, and in children under 10 years.
With VC adults and children over 10 years by 7.
The number of ampoules (if the volume is 1.8 ml and the concentration is 2%)
If the total size = the number of ampoules × the size of the single ampoule.
843. Patient has a palatal torus between hard & soft palate, the major connector of choice
a. Anteroposterior palatal strap.
b. u shaped ☆☆☆☆☆ (or horse shoe)
c. Posterior palatal strap.
844. Teeth that have lost pits and fissure sealant show:
a. Same susceptibility to caries as teeth that have not been sealed
b. Higher susceptibility than non-sealed teeth
c. Lower susceptibility than non-sealed teeth ☆☆☆☆☆
d. Same susceptibility than non-sealed teeth
845. Which best describe the cone beam “CBCT’?
a. Have less radiation than conventional ways.
b. Can be used as traditional method for patient assessment.
c. rare and not applicable
d. It is best way for diagnosis of TMJ disc displacement. ☆☆☆☆☆
846. Determination of posterior palatal extension end in maxillary denture:
a. Up to the vibrating line
b. 2 mm behind the vibrating line ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Fovea palatine.
d. Retro molar pad area.August 14, 2019 at 12:57 pm #96372
832. A reline for a complete denture is contraindicated when:
a. There is extreme over closure of the vertical dimension.
b. Centric occlusion and centric relation do not coincide ☆☆☆☆☆
c. The denture contains a broken tooth.
d. There is resorption of the ridge
833. Pt. came to the clinic after 3 days of composite restoration was done, complaining from color
was changed and not matching the adjacent teeth. What you will do?
a. NO treatment
b. Add layer of composite
c. Apply bonding agent
d. Resurfacing ☆☆☆☆☆
834. Patient with pain on 15 and this tooth undergo with RCT but he still has pain on percussion.
What u suspect?
a. primary apical periodontitis
b. secondary apical periodontitis
c. over instrumentation ☆☆☆☆☆
d. over medicate
835. 11y old girl with IBD. Mouth ulcers and ulcers in GIT. RX:
c. Azathioprine ☆☆☆☆☆
836. A young boy with history of unprotected intercourse, now came with painless penile ulcer with
enrolled margins. Lymphadenopathy. Cause?
a. Syphilis ☆☆☆☆☆
d. staph aureus
IN COMPLETE DENTURE
F SOUND LIKE V >> LONG ANTERIOR TEETH.
V SOUND LIKE F >> SHORT ANTERIOR TEETH.
838. Pt. with a complete denture new one complains of pronouncing sound F like sound V what is the
a. upper teeth set too high from lip line
b. upper teeth set too far anteriorly ☆☆☆☆☆
c. upper teeth set too far incisally towards lip line
If he said painful ulcer with painful lymph then staph aureus.August 14, 2019 at 12:58 pm #96373
824. Enamel infractions:
Are micro cracks seen within the dental enamel of a tooth. They are commonly the result of
dental trauma to the brittle enamel, which remains adherent to the underlying dentine. They
can be seen more clearly when Transillumination is used.
825. What is the benefit of rinsing the mouth with water?
a. Plaque removal
b. Prevent the formation of plaque.
c. Dilute the concentration of bacteria ☆☆☆☆☆
826. Patient with renal replacement and there is an image show a white spot on his soft palate,
a. Pseudo membranous thrush
b. Erythematous candida ☆☆☆☆☆
c. Bacterial infection
d. Viral infection
827. Child with history of bleeding after extraction, pt., PTT prolonged, clotting time slightly
prolonged, what the diagnosis?
a. Hemophilia b
b. Vitamin k deficiency ☆☆☆☆☆
828. Female patient with multiple erosion on her palatal surface of her anterior teeth what is the more
a. Peptic ulcer ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Alcohol consume
c. Anorexia nervosa
829. Eruption cyst “eruption hematoma” can be treated by:
a. No treatment. ☆☆☆☆☆
b. Immediate incision.
c. Complete uncoverage
d. Observe for one week then incision
830. Principle of elevator use all of the following EXCEPT:
a. Wheel and axle.
b. Wedging the socket wall. ☆☆☆☆☆
831. After crown lengthening u wait for 6 months before placing crown for:
a. junctional epithelium formation
b. maturation of periodontium ☆☆☆☆☆
c. cementum formation
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.